A wedding can be expensive, but there are many ways to cut back on expenses. One of the things you can do is to become your wedding planner instead of hiring one. This can save you thousands of dollars and gives you the power to have full control of all the details. With the right tools, you can become your wedding planner in five easy steps:
1. Gather your tools. Make sure you have books and planners so you can jot down every little thing you will need. Do you prefer the digital route? There are now wedding planner applications you can use. Just download an app on your mobile device and take advantage of all its features. The best wedding planning apps even have budget calculators.
2. Hire your vendors. Of course, you can’t do everything on your own. You have to hire the caterers and the photographers, etc. Luckily, there are wedding planner apps that offer an extensive list of vendors so you can easily choose, compare, and hire.
3. Ask for help. Ask your family and friends for some help. You can’t do everything alone. Maybe they can relieve you of small tasks, like picking up the entourage’s gowns and suits or helping choose a wedding theme.
4. Bring out your organization skills. There will be dozens of to-do lists and checklists to tick-off. You should be able to juggle your time and all your other resources.
5. Sharpen your communication skills. You have to keep in touch with all of your vendors, as well as all of your guests. Maybe you can use your bargaining skills to ask for discounts from vendors.
Don’t be discouraged. At first, planning a wedding can be very difficult. Once you get the hang of it, it will become easier. It’s especially helpful if you have a wedding app that can guide you along the way. Do you have questions? Some of the best apps are connected to forums where you can chat with other brides-to-be who are also planning their weddings.